Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my new to me 2005 28RSS tomorrow morning. I plan to use my 2006 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 5.3 as the primary TV using a Equalizer 4 point hitch. Not expecting to break any land speed records but conserned about the Suburban pulling it. Any comments?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don,

While I know its not ideal, I pull my 28RSDS with a 2009 Suburban 1500. It works ok. Nowhere near as well as a 2500 diesel pickup for sure. My Suburban has a 7 speed transmission which I think helps. I did add a transmission cooler because I found the temps getting up to about 210 degrees when towing in stop and go traffic. I also added rear coil spring air bags for stability because the rear is so soft in my Suburban. I think the 2006 still had leaf springs so you probably wont need those. The other issue I have is the pull on the whole rig when a semi passes at high speeds. I don't know what you call it. The suction from the air currents causes the Outback and Suburban to be pulled toward the semi. As long as you are ready for it its not to bad.

So, I think you will be fine as long as you take it easy.

Good luck and congrats on the new trailer!

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don, I also have a 28RSDS that I pull with my 2003 Suburban 1500 (with tow package), so far no issues on my first three trips. You didn't mention a brake controller as that gives you extra piece of mind if you get passed by a big rig and get a bit out of shape.... Enjoy your new Outback..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts