Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering on purchasing the 28RS-S but how can you transport four bikes? Is there a bike rack built just for the purpose stated above or do you transport the bikes inside the trailer?

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
What are you towing with? maybe a roof rack or a rack on the front of your tv might work. I know keystone's website says not to use the rear bumper for carrying anything such as a bike rack. Maybe the bumper could be beefed up by welding support brackets onto it and then you could mount a rack on it.

Or you could walk
just kidding.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
hi JKP, the most I have ever transported was 3 bikes, they were if I remember right 26". We put them inside but I had to loosen and put the handle bars paralle to the bikes, then I just bungied them together. We have the 25RRs model so it was easy to get then in and out through the little door. Hope this helps

·
Outbackers Contributor
26 Posts
I have a 26rs I put on a rear bumper hitch in the fall. When I get it out of storage I will take it to a welding shop and have them reinforce it I used it once last year it worked good. btw I got the hitch from curt manufacturing part# E-100

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
We have 5 in our family. We will have a receiver hitch installed on the frame of our 26 RS and use our 5-bike rack on that. Should be a pretty easy mod. I even think our local UHaul could install the receiver hitch.

Randy

·
Registered
630 Posts
Before I got my current TV I would put our three bikes inside our 28rss and I quickly started to really hate that option. It was a real pain to get the bikes in and out and I was always hitting something or marking something up.

I had decided that I was going to either put a rack on top of our TV or on the back of the TT. I read many places that it was not a good idea to add that much weight to the back of the TT, and since my TV had a short wheelbase compared to the 28rss, I had decided to put the bikes on a roof rack. However, if the bumper of the 28rss can handle supporting the weight of the slide, it should be able to handle a bike rack if it were properly installed, right?

But then low and behold, I ran across a great deal on a new TV and now I simply put them in the back of the truck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Talking with experience on this issue, we had ours on the back bumper of our trailer and the bar holding the bikes bent. Bumper ok but the bike were totaled. We'll carry them inside of trailer from now on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts