Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Got off to a rough start this morning. My wife says to me at about 4:00 am, "did you here that, "Yes I heard that, "it's the snow plow going up the street". Get up a few hours later for work and look out the bedroom window to see how much snow we got and found out what my wife really heard. We have a 48 inch Silver maple in the middle of our yard. One of the main limbs broke off(about 12 inches in diameter). The limb hit at the right rear corner of the trailer near the top, then slid down opening the seam and denting the aluminum framing. It's up against the trailer and needs to supported first before I can cut it up otherwise it will slide down and take out the bumper if I pull the trailer away. So I got my work cut out for this weekend. Fortunately we closed the slide a few days ago. Not too much damage though maybe 500 or so. What did I learn? "Don't hold on too tight to things that are not eternal". There here one day and could be gone the next. People are what really matter! Have a great weekend. I'll let you all know how I make out. Next weekend will be our first trip out. We can't wait! Thanks for listening. Brian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Brian, sorry to here about trailer, hope you can fix it before your first trip out in it. Is it something you can fix yourself?. Or dose it have to go to the dealer.

P.S. tride to make reservations at red run yesterday, all booked. thats what I get for dragging my feet, I always new state parks fill fast, but was not aware CG's did as well. Maybe we can catch up at anouther park this summer.

Gary

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Brian,

Sorry to hear about the weather caused misfortune. Just be glad it didn't happen while you were driveway camping. Like you said, material things can be replaced. Good luck with the repairs.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident there. Glad no one was hurt. I like your outlook, things can always be fixed.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Ouch, Sorry to hear about your outback, just glad to hear everyone is OK. Hope you can get it repaired before your outing
. Work safe and have a good trip. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your concern! Today I lifted the limb off with a "come-a-long". The damage is probably a few hundred over the deductible, so It'll probably cost me a few hundred out of pocket. The moulding needs to be replaced and the fiberglass has some small cracks. I don't want the dealer to disturb other areas around the damage by tearing in there but I'll have to wait and see. Dropping off trailer wed to get estimate pick up on thur. This fortunately will not prevent us from camping this coming weekend. Gary I have three upcoming weekends at Turkey Swamp State Park, Freehold, Nj. (one of the nicest parks I've ever been to) Huge wooded sites!!! I know this coming weekend is Probably no good but here are the other dates: April 24-25, Jun 26-27. Let me know if your interested? Thanks Tim, Mike, Kirk! Brian

·
Outbackers Contributor
94 Posts
BRIAN
Sorry to here that your season is starting out on a bad leg. But you have the right Idea it's the people that count. sunny Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts