Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, we experienced a crack on the cover for the vent in the bathroom (25Rss). I decided it was a good time to install a Turbo/Maxx. So I ordered one, I was ready to put it in yesterday, replaced the vent cover (Which is a piece of cake) and removed the existing el cheapo fan. I was careful when removing the fan from the bathroom and placed all the hardware in the garage...Well, the other fan didn't make it in time and my wife saw the fan sitting in the garage...The question, "Will that fit in the kitchen vent?". Good thing I was careful (drill the pop rivets). Yep, took down the vent in the kitchen, installed the fan (replaced the pop rivets with 2 #6 FHCS, wired to the light that was close by), put everything back together, took about 45 minutes, including cutting the screws to fit and wiring. If anyone considers making a mod to the Turbo Maxx I strongly suggest moving the fan.

BTW: When I took down the vent in the kitchen area, all kinds of goodies were up there...Wires (Which I needed) that were just laying up there, Pieces of cut rubber roof, spare screws. Point is: If you ever need any hardware for your trailer, look up in the roof, chances are there are spares up there. Kind of like a dealer, hidden parts staging area.

Peace.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Good tip! Thanks. I want to put the TurboMaxx in the kitchen area so its good to know everything is close by... even some screws

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the Turbo/Maxx unit last night, took about 2 hours...I was trying to be careful. Was easy and the directions were pretty clear. The only confusing part was where to drill the hole for the wires. I suggest placing the unit then determining where the wires go. Seemed the factory ran the wires down the wrong side fo the unit, per the directions, causing a hole in the wrong spot. No biggie, drill another hole, All done, and ready to go in about 2 hours. Works real nice and quiet. About half the noise from the el cheapo fan and twice the air handling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts