Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

New to this forum... we purchased a 2018 Outback 210URS and noticed the furrion solar port. I bought a suitcase solar panel and modified the connection so it can plug into the port however what does the battery connection look like? We bought it second hand and it seems the previous owner did some mods to the wiring around the battery. Can anyone provide a pic of what the connection looks like. It would be so appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey moosa,
I have a 2021 21URS and it seems that Keystone switched to ZAMP ports for their solar panels. My unit came with one 190W panel on the roof. There is a ZAMP port on the front above the power box. i was told that this port goes directly into the battery and doesn't pass through the "Go Power" solar controller.

The connection looks like this:
Audio equipment Gadget Composite material Auto part Peripheral
The connector that plugs into it looiks like this (Without the lighter plug of course).
Microphone Cable Audio equipment Wire Electrical supply

There are also MPPT4 type ports that are very common

Camera accessory Audio equipment Automotive lighting Cable Gadget
But you could also have Anderson Power Pole connectors:
Automotive lighting Cable Electronic device Machine Automotive wheel system

Maybe if you posted a picture of your port, it would be more helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. I can plug in my panel but I’m not sure what the connection to the battery looks like as I mentioned the previous owner made some
Mods around the battery. I just need to know what the wire looks like that connects to the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your response. I can plug in my panel but I’m not sure what the connection to the battery looks like as I mentioned the previous owner made some
Mods around the battery. I just need to know what the wire looks like that connects to the battery.
I would hope he used 10G wire. It may be wired into the power box (where the Power on of switch is) and then to the battery. That's how mine's wired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts