Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im new to the rv world and just bought a 2021 Outback 221UMD travel trailer and planning a trip from Ventura CA to Big Sur CA in October. Didn’t think much about until I read some forums stating not to drive a trailer up the PCH. I traveled that route before in a car and wasn’t too bad. Need some advice!

·
Registered
947 Posts
There is a RV/TT length suggestion/restriction north of San Simeon. We have since sold our 21RS but not once did we venture to pull the TT North up Hwy 1 beyond San Simeon SP because it is a tedious drive. NOTE: We day trip all the time in our cars up Hwy 1 as it is still considered one of the 10 best drives on Earth. Yes, Earth.

We did occasionally camp on the northern end of the Big Sur area after traveling primarily via Hwy 101 to the city of Carmel-By-The-Sea and then heading south on Hwy 1 to the campgrounds. It's circuitous but safety first.

You should be able to get to Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park and other nearby camping locations entering Hwy 1 from the north without too much, if any issue at all.

I live on the CA Central Coast near Morro Bay, let me know if you still have questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts