Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down at my dealer's lot today for an open house and to pick up a few goodies when I saw they had a 21RS open for display. I was very surprised with how good the layout worked, and how you could comfortably camp with a family of four because of the two bunks.

I especially liked how the lower bunk flips up to allow for Uber storage there with access through the large side door. Bottom line....A really functional and comfortable unit for a smaller rig. One of the best 21' layouts I have seen.

·
Outbackers Contributor
60 Posts
We LOVE ours. We have a 7 month old, so we fold up that bottom bunk and put the playpen there instead. Worked out really well!

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Works great for us too. Very easy to tow and fit into tight spots. The layout actually works better for us than our previous 28 footer because of the bunks. Making up the couch and dinette every nite was a pain and after the kids went to bed we had no place to sit unless we went outside.

We put up a curtain to close off the bath and bunks and now can watch tv after the girls go to bed.

When we are hitting the road early in the morning, I flip up the bottom bunk the night before and put the bikes and gear in there so there is less to load in the morning. Our one daughter then sleeps on the fold out couch.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Yep, and the 21RS has the same floorplan as the 26 RS, just 4 bunks in the 26 instead of two. With 3 kiddos, gotta have the 4 bunks.

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah - I never thought about that. My Sister has the 26RS and it IS the same, as you make a left turn into the door. She has 3 rowdy boys and is also getting good use from the 26RS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts