Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
Looks like we are short of readers in this forum... Anyone ever attend the Walnut Valley Music Festival and see the national flatpick and fingerpick championships? I went last year for the first time and took some of my students (guitar) with me. It was awesome!!!

Five stages over who knows how many acres... They have banjo, fiddle, dulcimer and other national championships and the level of play is amazing yet not beyond reach or belief. Hook up the TT and head this way in September!

You can check it out at

P.S. There was no reason for the emoticon, I just saw it and thought it was too cool to pass up!!

Steve

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Banjo! Did some one say
Banjo
We will be going to a festival in Big Lake on the 19, 20, 21 this month. Can't wait to here some more of that live picking. Guess I'll have to break out the OB250...

Vern

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Steve,

I live about 20 miles west of Winfield where the festival is held at. My wife and I went not last year but the year before to the Mountain Dulcimere compition. We had a great time but the price to get in is outrageous. For one day I think it cost almost $80 for my wife and I. I would think if they dropped the price a little attendance would be better.

Wes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts