Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are the second owner of our Travel Trailer. It is a 2002 28' Outback. We are worried at this point about delamination. Does anyone know how many years the warranties covers, what they cover and do they pass to second owners? Thanks so much!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
I believe that Keystone only warranty's for 1 year, but there may be other extensions. When I have a moment later, I will look at the paperwork that came with my unit, and verifiy it as best as I can.

Tim

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think that warranties are non-transferable on TT's. If remembering correctly...one of the reasons we went with new both times, first with our pop-up and now with our new Outback.

I know that when we sold our pop-up (only 2 yrs old) the warranty was non-transferable.

I would check with Keystone to make sure what would (if any) be still covered.

sunny Happy Camping ~~

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
One year warranty is correct, and with Keystone there wasn't an option to transfer. That was one plus I'll give to Jayco. You're pretty much on your own, you "might" be able to buy an extended warranty, but to be honest you would probably be better off to stash the grand it would cost you aside in case you need to make repairs. If the interior white wood looks normal and not damaged you probably haven't had interior leaks. You can do some poking around in cabinets, look for soft floors, or discolored walls, and expanded wood/particle board to give you a hint if there was water damage. If you can remove part of the underbelly enclosure you might be able to see the underside of the floor to see if there is any damage. Since you have already bought it now, its a bit academic, but if you find any problems its probably better to find them now rather than later.

I know there are boat inspectors, and perhaps another repair shop in you area might recommend a private RV inspector that isn't related to a sales division to check it over if you are really concerned. For that matter a good auto body shop might be able to help out here too.

On the positive side, if it was going to have problems they should have shown up by now. Hopefully you'll have years of enjoyment without major problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for responding. We will do a thorough check of everything and just hope that we have no problems. I sure wish we'd found this web site before purchasing our TT. There is so much to learn!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts