Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My water pressure sucks when I have the water pressure regulator hooked up. I tried it without and the pressure was great. Is the regulator a must to have the water regulated at 40-50 PSI?? Will my lines blow out by not using it?? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Try using one that doesn't restrict the flow as well as dropping the pressure.

Like this one, but not this exact one, as it has many bad reviews.Water Regular

Or google 'Watts Water Regulator' for the industry standard in high flow regulators.

I carry a guage that I can hook up to the water faucet to give me the real static pressure at the faucet. Anything under 60lbs, and I'm good. Of course, more flow will mean your tanks will fill faster...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I always use mine, you do have to make some sacrifices when camping. I have had 2 friends now who decided not to, one guys lines kept popping apart and the other flooded the bottom of his trailer. They have them for a reason.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Renator is simple to put in and browse. I've only used this water pressure regulator for some days, but what a good piece of apparatus to possess. The park I'm in doesn't have enough water pressure to check my system and #40; only 3738 psi & #41; but I see it being useful after we travel and blindly connect with other water sources. it's set at 45 psi, but I might probably increase it to a further 10 psi if needed. Easy to regulate the pressure on the fly with a flathead screwdriver.FYI, it comes in a nice cardboard box with a cut-out foam insert. I'd hang onto it to stay the regulator safe while you travel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts