Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my wife and I did it. Today we bought a 2004 26 RS. Dealer had it on the lot. He is storing it until April, when we will pick it up. I will be towing it with my Avalanche, and a Reese Dual Cam HP and weight distribtion system.

I can't wait to go out on that first trip.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Congratulations! The Av is a great tow vehicle, I loved my brieft jont around town with it and on the highway, can't wait till I can get it out and really see how the trailer tows on a long trip.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Congrats! You will love the 26RS. My Sister just got one and their family of 5 (3 young boys) couldn't be happier. Happy Trails.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Ditto on the 26 RS purchase. We love ours as well...can't wait to camp it. Almost 70 degrees today in Denver...but snow coming tomorrow. Unbelievable!

What color did you get? We got the jasmine (green) because my wife preferred the vinyl on the couch and dinette as opposed to the all-fabric on the desert rose. And the fawn was too neutral for her.

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be honest, I'm not sure what the color is called, but since the benches are vinyl, I hazard a guess and say the Jasmine. We were kinda stuck, as it was the only one on the lot. I suppose that we could have ordered one, but in retrospect, I think the dealer was a little more motovated to sell the one on the lot, and get it off his floor plan.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Well, you will have one of twp possibilities: jasmine or fawn (tan). Those are the two colors with vinyl trim. Desert rose is all fabric.

Randy

·
Registered
6 Posts
after 59 nights in our RS last summer I can assure you that you will love your new unit. We went green as well on the interior.

We have found the rear slide doubles as a great place for the kids to read/play/lounge/wrestle on rainy days while we are putting around cooking or whatever. In our opinion it is far superior in functionality to the more traditional "Rear Queen" designs you see from other manufacturers. This floor plan is the ultimate family design. We hesitated to spend the money initially but now we wouldn't part with ours for a profit.

The only possible complaint I might have in design is comes from trying to sleep on the queen bed on a rainy night. With the rain hitting vinyl 2 feet above your head it sounds like you are lying inside of a drum. Some type of awning over the slide would probably eliminate much of the noise. Give me a few more rainstorms and I might come up with something.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, we took delivery today, after a very long or sorted tale of two dealerships. 2004 26RS, Desert Rose, no oven, no convection (the saleperson was confused). That wasn't a big deal. PDI went well, and the Avalanche towed great.

We will do some driveway camping this weekend to try things out, and with all the rain we are getting this week, I won't have any trouble looking for leaks if they are present. I am ordering Powervision mirrors for the Avalanche so I don't have to fuss with the various types of clip on/strap on/slip on/bolt on temporary types.

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts