Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, once again this forum came through for us. We went to take delivery of our 21RS on Thursday, and found some items on it that weren't right. It was mostly small stuff... a blind was broken, a side table didn't work properly... little things. But that, combined with the PDI employee running late so we wouldn't have had enough time to do a good walk through, caused us to make the decision to leave it on the lot until everything was fixed, and they would have time to give it a thorough going-over with us. It was the comments we saw on this forum that gave us the confidence to walk away rather than accept a trailer under less than desirable circumstances. We knew that once we take possession of it, we'll have a hard time getting it back in for fixes. The shop personnel agreed with us when we made that observation. Had I not read through everyone's comments here, I probably would have felt pressured to accept the trailer and then just bring it back "later" for fixes on the obvious items plus anything else we found as a result of a rushed walkthrough. Thanks, everyone, for your help!

Our new delivery date is NEXT Thursday May 13; the manager promised the trailer would be in tip-top shape by then, and they are aware we want to do a walkthrough with Tom Boles' checklist. I think they will give it special attention as they prep it this time, because they know we won't accept it if anything is wrong

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good for you....they now know they need to make it right.....Our dealer was WONDERFUL...but...he also knew i wouldnt take anything less. I faxed him the pdi and the "outbackers" checlist that I made so that he had it ...there were quite a few small things that needed attention and most were taken care of before we arrived....I felt Very confident when we pulled it off the lot . they did a great job....good luck with yours.

Kim

·
Registered
197 Posts
I faxed him the pdi and the "outbackers" checlist
Hey Kim,

I haven't found the list you mentioned. I have the other long one that has ben referenced before but I thought the Outbackers list was a work in progress. Can you help a brotha out? Thanks

dp

·
Registered
366 Posts
Good for you alaska-ag

We used the same list and it really made it a great experience. For instance; prior to the Tom Boles list we would not have asked for a ladder to access the roof!

Outbackers.com was a God send of information for us. It is how we found out about the checklist. We had started our own little check list, but nothing as thorough as TB list. Result is we love our choice to go with the Outback and had a great PDI.

sunny Good luck on the 13th

~~~Happy camping~~~

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Dave, congrats on not taking the camper until its ready. I think most folks would have rushed through it, your dealer will know they need to be detailed with you next time you come in too. Glad this forum was of help, that's the great thing about the internee is that we can share information and be better educated buyers... something some dealers may not want, but they are in the minority.

As for an Outback PDI, I had half dozen specific things I looked for when I picked up my camper that had been discussed here and other places. My dealer knew about some of the issues. You can find that thread right here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts