Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be getting our 21rs soon. Just wondering how people do up their beds. I was thinking of putting some kind of mattress protector then a sheet over that and using a sleeping bag as a top cover. Do queen sheets fit the slide out and do standard twins fit the bunks? Appreciate any input.
Viv

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
We have sheets on ours now, but after this weekend my DW and I agreed that we're going to stick with sleeping bags instead. Its just to much of a PITA to make beds when I'm camping!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a 28BHS. We use the sheets that came with our Coleman popup on the queen bed and they are a perfect fit! They are supposedly sized to fit a 77 x 70 popup mattress, but they really do fit the short queen like they were made for it. I also use a regular queen size comforter over top, as well. It's a pain to make the bed, but I like how it looks when it's all done, LOL!

For the bunks, I went to WalMart and bought two Coleman sleeping bags -- cotton duck on the outside, flannel on the inside. They match the interior (green outside/burgundy inside) really well, too! Since the kids are in there, it's much easier to have sleeping bags rather than sheets. The sleeping bags take up the full length of the beds, so we just unzip the one side so that they don't feel like they're in a cocoon.

Hope this helps!

Happy Camping!

go6car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts