Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all do with the WD hitch when at a campsite?

I found that leaving it hooked to the truck wasn't the best because of the kids or myself running into it. I use to take it off and store it in the outdoor compartment but being 50lbs I hated to lug that greasy thing around and trying to manuver it into the compartment.

Now I leave it hitched to the trailer toungue and spin it around so it doesn't protrude.

Courious to see what others do with their hitches?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I normally leave it on the TV, unless we are staying in one place for a long time. I put a plastic bag over the head to keep the grease clean (or was it my legs??). The plastic bag simply goes in the trash when we hook up to leave.

If we are staying in one place for more than a few days, I will pull the head, set it under the trailer hitch, and lock the hitch pin to the trailer chain. Puts the head out of the way, and safe from theft.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I leave mine on locked to the truck with a cap over the head. I am mounting a cross PVC pipe to hold the bars off the ground. I back up close enough so that the kids, or myself don't go between the truck and camper which prevents knees from banging on the hitch and the kids from being tempted to play around that area.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
I leave mine on the truck and stick the bars under the TT. The bags a great idea and will save a lot of clothes. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Steve,

Please post a pic when you get the PVC holders installed. What are you planning to use to mount the tubes and where are you putting them?

Greg

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
I just stick it in the front pass through compartment, with the WD bars. Keeps them out of the weather, and out of sight.

Tim

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice thing about the Equalizer is you can just leave it on the truck and fold the bars parallel to the bumper. ( no chains is nice ) I have driven around with it in this position many times. You don't even know it's on the truck.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Greg, or anyone else for that matter. I put a seperate post up with photos of the mod for storing the bars.

WDH Bar Storage

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,151 Posts
Hi

Y-Guy's mod is awsome. Just added to my sat list of things to do.

Thor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts