Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I'm just wondering what kind of TV's work best. I've seen some that are 12 volt or 120, some that are DVD/VCR combos, etc. . We just want something to watch if the weather is bad or we want to catch news, etc..
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have both a TV VCR combo and a portable DVD player that came with 2 - 7 inch lcd screens (walmart). We like the dvd player the best as we can bring it in the car and it doesnt take up much room. The kids think its awesome because with the 2 screens they can always see one.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Really depends. If you have 110v power I'd go with that. The problem with most of the 12v ones is that they can drain your battery very fast, leaving you without power. Most are only 9" screens too. If you mostly camp with hook ups, then it just matters how big of a screen you want. We picked up a cheap 13" TV for this purpose, we have a small battery DVD player we can hook up to it for movies if its raining. For weather I listen to the radio.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Take down the oval mirror, and pop up a PLASMA widescreen!

Alright, call me a traditional camper...
I carry a 20" Tv, DVD, PS2, and a Satelite system with a gazillion channels. I also bring a laptop computer...just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts