What did your outback come with?
Wheel00.00%
Foot pad318.75%
Bare Pole1381.25%

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Curious what others have, I have a spare wheel I was debating about putting on but I'm also worried about the potential roll away if I do that. It would be nice while on my RV pad to be able to adjust it a bit.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
I just put a piece of 2x6 underneath to keep it from sinking in. Eventually I want to put on an electric jack.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep that's what I did with my old PopUp, I was unsure if adding the wheel would be a good or bad idea due to the tongue weight of the camper, as well as rolling away. I think I'll give it a try on Saturday and see how it works.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My Outback would have come with a bare post, but I started cutting up with my salesman about 'extras'. The subject of the foot pad came up when I saw a couple of brand new ones sitting in a chair. Jokingly, I said I might walk away from the deal if we didn't get a foot pad. We got a foot pad. Of course, then I started joking about sattelite systems and such. He laughed and that's about all he did with that topic. We enjoyed dealing with him though.

Steve, just my opinion but I wouldn't do the wheel thing. Too much weight involved if it were to start rolling away. After those BRATS drove their car into the front of our first Outback, the only thing holding it was the foot pad until I rechocked the wheels. You might not ever cause a roll away, but something else could. Bad weather,, punk kids,, who knows?
Be careful.

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts