Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone had any advice on specific wheel chocks to put between your tires to help out with trailer stabilization. I own a 2003 Outback 25 rss. Looking for any tricks to stabilize my trailer a bit more

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just wondering if anyone had any advice on specific wheel chocks to put between your tires to help out with trailer stabilization. I own a 2003 Outback 25 rss. Looking for any tricks to stabilize my trailer a bit more
I use Bal X-Chocks between my wheels. One one each side, a pair is about $70. Seems to work well.
[/quote]

Same here. great for forward and back.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UGHONY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
this is great for side to side.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,067 Posts
Although I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the purchase, I like the idea behind Anderson's Camper Leveler and wheel chock. I would use it in tandem with my Bal X-Chocks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice I will look into some ball chocks.
I did purchase the Anderson hitches leveling system with wheel chocks And love them. Levels my trailer quickly. I get a lot of questions at camp sites as to start they are And where I got them
Thanks again and happy camping

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice I will look into those suggestions. I did pull the trigger on the Anderson leveling system and I love it. Levels your trailer quickly and easily. I have lots of questions as to what it is and where I got it from
Happy trails and safe camping

·
Registered
6 Posts
For those of you that bought the Andersen levelers, did you buy four for all four tires or just two for one side of the trailer? It would seem that you would only really need to level one side. I just bought a 2009 23RS and I am looking for some ideas. Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
194 Posts
I made my own "between the wheel" chocks similar to these..

My link

·
Registered
26 Posts
EPOARTIST was purchased for a 35' camper trailer. It's of good quality and easy to use. It includes a ratchet wrench for tightening and loosening as well as a power drill adaptor. I don't see why anyone would require a drill when installing or removing the bolts takes only a few turns with the wrench. It's excellent and I should have purchased it years ago.

·
Registered
2019 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS
19 Posts
For those of you that bought the Andersen levelers, did you buy four for all four tires or just two for one side of the trailer? It would seem that you would only really need to level one side. I just bought a 2009 23RS and I am looking for some ideas. Thanks
Bill
I just bought one set of Andersons and so far that has been sufficient.

I use some Epoartist (x chock competitor) which work fine and are pretty easy to put on and remove.

Both the above have improved trailer stability but the biggest improvement was replacing the 2500 lb OEM stabilizer jacks with 7500 lb jacks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts