Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's so depressing. I drive the interstate everyday to work. All I see is campers and more campers. They are leaving me behind. It's not fair. I want to go too!

G

·
I know what you mean, and they're all going the other way. Not only am I being left behind, but I'm headed in the wrong direction.

Happy camping

Gary

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am going this weekend. Granted, the forecast says it's gonna rain the entire weekend, but thats not gonna stop me. I am goin anyways.

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
Good Job Phil!

We go without regard for rain too... although more often than not we just end up wet. Still it beats sitting around the house all nice and dry and bored!

Steve

·
Registered
279 Posts
We were really hoping to go this weekend, but the closest place is booked solid. Supposed to rain though so there may be some cancellations. I hope, I hope, I hope. I love camping in the rain. Especially with the Outback (our first real RV). Nothing like sitting under the awning and watching the rain out on the lake. The sound of the rain dripping through the trees. Hasn't rained too hard or long and the campfire is still going good. Comfy chair. The girls are in watching TV. I have drink in hand. VERY peaceful. ........... I'm sorry, I'm dreaming I'm already there. I need to come back so I can get ready for work. Wow, that dream quickly turned to a nightmare.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Keller, I know what you mean about dreaming. We just went again last weekend (2nd trip since the Outback) and I've been dreaming about the next trip all week. Let me tell ya, the view of the lake in the morning through Outback windows, while laying on the queen bed, (are you jealous yet?) oh my, it was heaven.

I'm finding myself looking forward to the next weekend and the next. My hubby said "Well, honey, I don't think we'll be getting much done around the house this year." After 13 years in this house, if it isn't done yet, to H*LL with it. Time to hit the road and have some fun. Our little ones 9 and 11 are only going to be young once. Time passes too quickly. We must enjoy life while we can. With a drink and an Outback, for sure!

Jolly,

Where ya go'in in 15 days?

lisa

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I think we're going to a county park in Northern Minnesota called Long Lake Park.
It's a really cool place to SCUBA dive, with a nice campground. I don't think I'll be diving, as the ice just left the lakes. Too cold for me! My last dive was in December, in the 80 degree water of the Western Caribbean!

I better get the OUTBACK out of storage! Times growing short!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey
We also love the lake, rain or shine prefer sunny With my work schedule we are fortunate enough to go at least 12 times per summer. So that is alot of countdowns

PS Bud and I (weiser) was sitting under the awning last weekend and the sun was going down and I thought about old Jollymon, Because that new song by Kenny Chesnee and Uncle Kracker came on the radio

WOOD

·
Registered
59 Posts
Everybody sing it for Jollymon.................When the sun goes down, with my Outback..........singing........sun goes down........nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, naaahhhh.

Heheheheh.

lisa

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
(warm fuzzies)

You people are music to my ears! My wife cranks the TV very loud when that song comes on CMT!

I hate to brag...but...

COUNTDOWN TO JIMMY BUFFETT...IN CONCERT:

T-minus: 17 days, and a wake up!

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
JollyMon, where is the concert at?

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA

About a 5 hour drive from here. But then again...I'd drive to the moon to see him!

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IT"S FINALLY MY TURN!

In 2 more days I will be the one traveling the interstate to my desination. YIPPEE!!!

I can hardly wait. I plugged in the frig. a few minutes ago. And I'm off to Walmart tomorrow afternoon to get the rest of the goodies. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Hey Mom,

Hope you have a great time, enjoy good weather
and get home safe. Goin' anywhere special?

Greg

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! We are going to Brown County State Park in Nashville, Indiana.

Very beautiful park. During season, it has more activities: Swimming Pool, Horseback Riding, Hayrides. But in or out, doesn't matter to us. Just getting away is the most important. No phones, no tv's, no work, no computers,

It's suppose to be great weather wise too. Mid 80's all weekend! sunny

·
Registered
59 Posts
JIMMY BUFFET!!!! I wanna go! Oh, man, what is it about this time of year?

Heading out in the morning for Mother's Day Gala Event. Taking the trailer out for her THIRD trip since purchase.

Happy Kamp'in everyone!

P.S.
Jolly, if it's not breakfast in bed at least it will be breakfast in the OUTBACK.

Wooo Whoooo. sunny

lisa

1 - 18 of 18 Posts