Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sweeping the driveway in front of the outback so I decided to air out the awning. I pulled out the awning and raised it up. Turned around and found this little piece of weather stripping lying on the ground. I did'nt see it fall but figure it goes somewhere on the camper. Checked roof, windows, doors, and everywhere else. Its about 3/16 x 1/8 x 12 inches long triangular shape. It looks like a wiper blade refill. Any of you might know where this goes? Wish i had a parts list of the weather stripping. Thanks
Wood

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problem this summer, but found the problem before it fell out. Travelling with some friends and we had stopped at a Costco, and my friend pointed up at the front of my slide and said what is that?

I always carry a step ladder on the back ladder and got up there and checked it out. I have the slide topper with the aluminum clad cover, and the rubber piece you are talking about slides into the awning rail. Not too sure what the rubber piece is supposed to do, but I slid it back in and then put a good old fashioned wooden clothes pin on the front to hold it in place.

I was thinking of taking a picture and sending it to you, but we live up here in Victoria, British Columbia, and right now we are having our "monsoon season". Maybe if we have a day without rain, I will take a photo and send it to you.

As a point of interest we have a 28 FRLS, Sydney Edition fifth wheel.

regards,

Bernie Klashinsky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts