Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1st rv so I need to get set-up. Besides campingworld.com, what are some other reputable and cheap web sites for buying rv parts?

My rv didn't come with a "starter kit" from the dealer. No hoses, cords, etc. Any suggestions of what to buy would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Some of the things you can get at walmart. Like hoses, sewer lines and connecters, tire cocks and levellers among other things.
Good luck Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Check out Campers Choice and for things like Equalizer Hitch & Prodigy I recommend RV Wholesalers but for average supplies Wal-mart and your local stores are good places to shop too. Wally World usually has a good supply of RV items, at least in the larger stores and their prices are fair too.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Welcome.

You can also try:

JC Whitney

Local Home Centers carry lots of items such as RV anti freeze, tools, cleaning supplies, etc. Local RV Dealers usually carry many items for around the same price as CAMPING WORLD. It pays to shop around though.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
My rv didn't come with a "starter kit" from the dealer. No hoses, cords, etc. Any suggestions of what to buy would be appreciated.
At the very least you need a "Potable Water Hose" and a sewer hose, and an in-line hose pressure regulator. Follow the below links for several helpful checklists, as well as good info all around.

Doug's RV Checklist Page

rvNetLinx | RV Checklists selection page

The lists on the rvNet page are very thorough, and you may be able to wittle them down a bit, but it will give you a good starting point.

In addition to the afore mentioned hoses, don't forget toliet paper (RV or Marine type), and toliet chemicals. I make it a point to bring some basic hand tools, and some PT 2x6's to aid in leveling the trailer, as well as some sort of wheel chocks. There are commercial products available, but I just made my own from PT lumber.

Other then that, what you would normally take, like cooking utensils, plates, cups, dish soap, blah, blah, blah..

If you are going to be away for more then a few days, don't forget laundry soap.

Good luck, welcome to RV'ing, and I hope the checklists help.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts