Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO, I JUST JOINED AND GLAD TO MEET OTHER OUTBACKERS. LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED ON OUR VERY FIRST CAMPING TRIP. FIRST WE WERE TENT CAMPERS UNTIL THE LAST TIME WE WENT CAMPING IN A TENT AND IT STARTED TO RAIN (hard). WELL MY WIFE AND SON RAN TO THE TRUCK LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO MELT.LEAVING ME TO STRIKE THE TENT WHILE THEY SAT IN THE DRY TRUCK LOOKING AT OLD DAD GETTING SOAKING WET ALONG WITH EVERYTHING WE CARRIED (eg. coffe pot , radio, clothes, ect.) NOT THE GREAT MEMORIES I WAS LOOKIN FOR. I SAID THAT'S IT NEXT TIME WE GO CAMPING WE WILL BE IN A CAMPER. SO IN MARCH AFTER LOOKING AT THOUSINGS OF RV'S WE DECIDED ON THE OUTBACK. FIRST CAMPING TRIP WAS TO SADERS CREEK ON LAKE HARTWELL ABOUT 40 MILES AWAY. THIS PLACE IS FULL OF WILD LIFE. DEERS, FOXES,TURKEYS,ECT. WALKING AROUND IN THE MEADOWS. THE TROUBLE DIDN'T HAPPEN UNTIL THE TRIP HOME. ABOUT A MILE FROM THE HOUSE I WENT AROUND A CURVE AND THERE WERE ABOUT 8 T0 10 DEERS CAME RUNNING OUT INTO THE ROAD.
MY WIFE SCREAMED AND I DROVE LIKE EARNHART AT A ROAD COURSE. NOT WANTING TO SLAM ON THE BRAKES I GOT THROUGH THE FIRST 4 OR 5 THE OTHER 3 0R 4 WENT BEHIND ME . BUT ONE THOUGHT HE WAS RUDOFH AND TRIED TO JUMP OVER THE 25RS-S. NEEDLESS TO SAY HE FELL SHORT. WHAM! I THOUGHT HE PUT AN EXTRA DOOR IN THE RV AND WAS SCARED TO EVEN LOOK, BUT FORTUNELY THE FIBERGLASS SIDE ABSORBED THE INPACT. THE ONLY DAMAGE WAS A SMALL DENT WHERE THE METAL VALANCE CURVES UNDER. THE DEER JUMPED UP AND TOOK OFF
.SINCE THEN THE LAST 3 CAMPING TRIPS HAVE GONE FINE. I'M GLAD SANTA WAS'NT HOOKED UP THAT DAY.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Wow! and Welcome

Glad everyone was okay and the trailer is still in one piece, that could have been quite a problem to say the least.

Tent camped when I was a kid. I decided if I camped when I got older it was going to be in something with a bathroom and a TV.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Wood...
Welcome! I had an exchange with a deer while pulling my last pop-up trailer with a Ford Explorer. The deer lost, but I maintained control of the rig. No injuries, except the deer. A over $1500 in repairs to the Ford. Anything can happen...and often does!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts