Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you're all taking the Outbacks out for Memorial Day. So where's everyone going? I will be on Cape Cod in Mass.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
We are pulling out the 28th and won't be back till June. We will be at Kennedy Meadows just outside of Ridgecrest off HWY 395, Yea I know, it's a pull up the hill,for those not famiular with this CG you go from the desert floor up into the mountains to around 7000 ft level on a 15 mile stretch of two lane road
. We will be tubing, fishing, and relaxing with the kids and dogs. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Nowhere, most of the nice campgrounds around here have a 3 night minimum and raise their rates for holiday weekends, so we'll be away the following weekend.

Although, my parents will be here with their motorhome and are taking the twins camping for the weekend
. A little P&Q around here for the weekend.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Not sure its really camping, but our family and some family friends are camping at one of the RV campgrounds at Silverwood Theme Park so we get to play and then go relax around the campfire for a few. We had reservations at another State park but figured it would be fun to hang out with some friends and figured we could skip Disney World this year.

G

·
I'm jealous. We're having a little get-together at a local CG. Hearing about the extended trips, Kirk's in particular, makes me want to hitch-up and go. Have fun and be safe.

Happy camping

Gary

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
My OUTBACK will be sitting on the neighbors driveway, with my brother-in-law sleeping in it!

We are hosting our LAST GRADUATION PARTY that weekend!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry for the outburst. I suppose my daughter's college graduation will actually bring about another party, but that should be much different.

No camping for us that weekend, but I usually go to my brother-in-laws lake property just to avoid all the masses. I think all the 'rookie' campers (party throwing teens/20 somethings) head out that weekend, and it makes for a frustrating camping experience. (just my opinion, no flames please!)

I'll be heading out for camping in 9 days and a wake up!

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Heading to Golden Gate State Park...just west of Golden, Colorado (the home of Colorado Kool-Aid, a.k.a. Coors beer).

That will be our first REAL camping trip with the 26 RS. Have only camped in the cul-de-sac up to now. Forecast highs are in the low to mid 80's all week. I plan to de-winterize this coming weekend and test every system.

Randy

·
Registered
44 Posts
We are going to laurel hill state park in pennsylvania. Never been their, so it should be an adventure, I think there is a amusement park near by called idelwild. I'm shure we will check it out

Gary

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,212 Posts
Heading out 5/15 and won't be home until 5/30. We are spending a week in Phoenix (good test for the AC) with the in-laws and then to the Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, and Carlsbad Caverns. After 3 shakedown trips, we feel ready for the Big One.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Much like Mike, we will be staying home for the weekend. Actually, by the time that we knew we had no plans for the weekend, the campground we were planning to stay at was booked solid.

Now we are going to probably have a kickoff barbeque at the house for the summer season.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Randy...
I took the tour at COORS BREWERY a few years back. We skiied Colorado, and hit the brewery on the way home. Nice operation! I have been drinking there products ever since.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Best thing Coors did in Oregon was to open up the Microbrew industry. Actually they spent a lot of $$$ there to change the laws to allow the non-heat pasteurized beers to be sold, but shortly after the Microbrew industry took off. I love McMenamins beer (Sound of Homer...mmmm Beer) but I have developed Gout and beer is one of those things that can trigger it. So I may only give myself one beer in a month.

Of course it might have had something to do with all the beer I drank when I was in Korea and Japan

·
Registered
197 Posts
Got a great break on a spot at Pismo Beach, CA. Called to confirm my reservation for Thanksgiving & happen to ask if there was a cancellation list for Memorial Day. Lo and behold someone had just called to cancel a bit earlier. We p/u the new Outback on 5/17 & we'll be good to go.

Great place to break this baby in, we're pumped.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just about 70 miles north to the willits KOA with 7 other rigs of friends and family. Great place for the kids and adults. Can't wiat for the suds to flow

·
Outbackers Contributor
130 Posts
I am soooo jealous, we have been trying to get reservations at our favorite Pismo Beach campground for Memorial Day. The last time I checked, we were still on the waiting list. We had a great trip at Easter, but no call yet for Memorial Day. So we are still looking for a place to go. So far it looks like everyplace we like is booked.

Tom

·
Outbackers Contributor
969 Posts
We will be at Crane Prairie in Central Oregon, it will be our second outing with the new TT. The 1st being next week end at a 1000 Trails CG near Seaside Or. Beer of choice is Bridgeport Brewings ESB

Friday AM 10:30 or so, saw a Red Avalance with Outback northbound on 205 near the Gladestone exit, was that you Y Guy?
Dean

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,877 Posts
Keuka Lake State Park, New York

A nice 45 minute drive, nice lake, great lake trout fishing, cold beer, good friends.

It doesn't get any better.

Enjoy it, no matter where you are.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts