Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

First time poster here although I have been looking at this site for a few weeks. Looks like a great community of Outback owners although is it me or do 98% of you own TTs? Being in the minority here, my wife and I are just about ready to take delivery of a 29F-BH-S. Most of the units the dealer receives are in Fawn, although they are getting a Rose. I have never seen a Jasmine unit.

Can any of you chime in on the look and practicality of going with any of the three colors? Even though it's probably the most boring, we will probably get Fawn, simply because it's the closest to dirt color, which, with two slovenly kids, is probably the most practical color.

I can't imagine having pink (Rose) and I have not see the Jasmine in real life. What do any of you have as far as interior color?

All the best,

Dan

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Hi! We have Forest Green. Then the curtains and comforter are like a beige with forest weave. It's really pretty. Very camp-like setting.
Our pop-up was a forest green too, so it's worked perfect for us. Didn't have to buy new towels, etc....

Enjoy your new TT.

·
Registered
366 Posts
sunny Welcome to Outbackers!

We have 3 very active kids. I dont' want to have to gripe and complaiin everytime they bring in sand/dirt. I love the no carpet aspect of the Outbacks.

When calling around trying to locate a 25RS-S my color preferences were, in this order:

1-Jasmine (which we ended up with)
2-Fawn
3-Rose

I would have taken a Fawn gladly, but just liked the flow of the Jasmine a little more. Plus that it already matched everything we had from the '02 Coleman Utah CP we were getting out of. The Rose/mauve color is just not my thing these days... I guess I got tired of it back in the late 80's and early 90's. JMHO

~~Happy Camping

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
We have the fawn and it was the first choice of my wifes. We could had ordered one of the other colors, but she wanted the neutral color and something that didn't show dust and dirt. We found Coleman sleeping bags that matched and are doing some accent colors that make it look since but also keep the dust from being something that drives us crazy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Golden Mom:

Thanks for your opinions and feedback. The 29F-BH-S is the Outback 5er and I must say, after shopping around with a lot of other 5ers, I wish that Keystone offered more variety of interior colors. Sunnybrook has a really nice blue and several of the other lines do as well. But these are minor gripes, we really like the floorplan and the white cabinets, curved bedroom ceiling and the sort of wood looking floor.

NWcamper 2:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am looking forward to discussing all kinds of Outbacker related questions and issues with all of you. You must have the TT Outback, the 5er, actually has quite a bit of carpet, which I am not crazy about, having all congoleum or whatever this fake wood floor is called would be much nicer but I guess on the 5er, the had to go with carpet. Friends on mine who are experienced RVers said to buy some cheap throw rugs and try to liberally cover the carpet with them, it will supposedly make the carpet last much longer. My kids literally take dirt "baths", it's the funniest thing you have ever seen, they will pour a whole bucket of dirt over their heads and laugh. And this is even my daughter, who at home is very clean. But take her camping and she and her little brother LOVE the dirt and or sand.

So things like color and stain resistance are important to us because our kids end up looking like refugees from "Lord of the Flies" after a week of camping.

Hi Y-Guy:

We will most probably go with the Fawn, exactly for the reasons you and your wife whose it, just seems like it will show the least amount of dirt and dust.

Thanks everyone!

Dan

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
We looked at all three colors and liked the Jasmine (green) the best. We have a lot of sage and cherry hardwood in our home, so I guess we were drawn to it. We also preferred the Jasmine over the Desert Rose because it has the vinyl (as does the fawn). We thought cleaning up spills would be easier if the wiping was done on vinyl instead of fabric.

Take a tour of our 26 RS in Jasmine here

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,212 Posts
We had a choice between fawn and forest green off the dealer's lot. We chose fawn as we have 2 big dogs, and felt the brown color as well as the vinyl furniture on the sofa, chair and dinette would be much easier to keep clean of dog hair. This has proven to be true in our 3 trips so far. We only have carpet in the bedroom around the bed and under the dinette and sofa. The rest is the dark brown wood sheet vinyl. Looks nice. The trim colors in the fawn have green and blue in it (wallpaper border, fabric accents, etc), so about anything matches.

I saw an Outback 5er on my way home yesterday..the extire was sharp. Enjoy!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
We have the green. (whatever color they call it!)
No problems with dirt.

Dan...Welcome to OUTBACKERS!
With the kids taking "dirt showers", it will sure save water on the dry campouts!

·
Registered
197 Posts
We also preferred the Jasmine over the Desert Rose because it has the vinyl
Ditto with us in the 28 rss. The vinyl looked a lot easier to keep clean on the couch. 9 yr old girls just don't have the proper respect for cloth covered couches & dinettes. It also provides a nice contrast to the white cabinets.

·
Registered
64 Posts
HI...

we have the rose...although we have 2 children we chose the rose because it was the only fabric ,not vinyl.... I was afraid of the vinyl getting holes in it...and the fact that fabric seemed more cozy.

Kim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts