Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was looking at upgrading the tires on my Tahoe and get rid of the P-rated ones. The size I am looking at are 285x75x16, this is a 33 inch tire and I think 11 inches wide. Will they fit under my SUV? Also I am not familuar with Yokahma does anyone have any or should I go with Michelin? There is a big difference in price $115 for yokahama verses $185, both seem to have good ratings on tread wear, handling and low noise, does anyone have any experiance with yokahama?

I still can't figuer out how to put pic's on web site, need help and instruction.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Not sure if they will fit or not. Are they the same diameter as the stock you have now? Going to a larger diameter tire will lower you effective rear end ratio. Tirerack.com has great info on all the different tires. I put Dunlop radial rover at's on mine, very happy so far, the lt's make a big difference.

A friend of mine bought a set of hummer wheels and tires for his 2500hd and he has to do some adjusting of the wheelwells to get them to fit, but they are 315's though.

Sorry can't be much more help

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
The best place I have found online to get information and owner feedback on tires is www.tirerack.com. You can search by size or by vehicle, then specify tire characteristics you want. Search results are displayed, and from there you select more information about the tires that interest you. You can get owner feedback, test information, and specifications.

Randy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts